World population day is celebrated worldwide by business groups, community organizations and individuals on the 11th of July every year. This event was established by the Governing Council of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in 1989. It was inspired by the public interest and the approximate date on which the world’s population reached 5 billion is on July 11, 1987. Dr K.C.Zachariah suggested this day when he worked as a senior stenographer at the world bank. This day aims to raise awareness on various population issues such as the importance of family planning, poverty, maternal health, human rights and gender equality.
As per the most recent United Nations estimates of June 2020, the present world population is approximately 7-9 Billion elaborated by world meter. Nowadays population growth has already created lots of problem in society. The whole world is facing a great deal of burden only due to population growth.
Population explosion in current scenario
The reason for population explosion are manifold early marriages leads to high birth rate as married life lasts long. Religious people have hardly any interest in birth-control schemes. Illiteracy, ignorance and poverty don’t allow them to go in for family planning scheme. So all these are some obstacles of population control and popularity of birth control as well.
The natural climates like floods, drought and famine etc are less today as there in the past. So the death rate is very low nowadays besides these, better medical facilities have also reduced the death rate and a reason for the growth of the population. Less importance of girl child and need of a boy child is a reason because we have seen in some family there is a single boy after many girls.
Alarming situation of population growth is creating so many problems for us. The whole world is suffering its bad impact directly or indirectly. Deforestation, inhabitable land for birds and animals, pollution, unsuitable climate, scarcity of food, water and other life-saving materials created havoc in the present-day world.
In this competitive world, there is a big queue in every place to get something for daily use and earning etc. Struggle for existence is becoming hard for everyone as all want to be first. Poverty and unemployment of youth mass is also a big problem in these days. Unless we control the birth-rate no one can save the world.
How we can control this Population growth
In order to check the population, people should be aware of the harmful effects of its growth. We should educate people and taught them about family planning and its benefit. All the public agencies like television, newspaper, internet, social media platform, cinema etc. should bring positive thought and value of nuclear family through advertising. Everyone should know about the methods of birth control, contraception use of condoms, Copper T etc.
Medical termination of pregnancy (MTP) has a significant role in population control. About 50 million MTPs are performed yearly all over the world accounting for 1/5th of the total number of conceived pregnancies. Particularly females should be properly educated in this regard as they are the root step for the creation and maintenance of a family.
Want to read more like this awareness day then click here. We always bring interesting content for you regularly. So check every day.
World Population Day: Quotes
i1.” Yet food is something that is taken for granted by most world leaders despite the fact that more than half of the population of the world is hungry. ” – Norman Borlyaug
2. “By improving health, empowering women, population growth comes down.” – Bill Gates
3. “Our human population continues to expand at such a scary rate – it’s unbelievable.” – Bindi Irwin
4. “We need to continue to decrease the growth rate of the Global Population. The Plant can not support many more people.” – Unknown
5. “The power of population is indefinitely greater than the power in the earth to produce subsistence for man.” – Thomas Malthus
6. “Population growth and development place additional stress on the Nation’s water infrastructure and its ability to sustain hard-won water quality gains.” – Jerry Costello
World Population day : Message
- Our mother earth can’t take care of such a large number of individuals. Control the worldwide populace for the good of our nature and praise this Day. All the best on World Population Day.
- Overpopulation is the meaning of being constrained by others or concentrating on others to live with individuals they don’t need. Control the worldwide populace and observe World Population Day.
- A quiet world can’t exist when only 33% are rich and 66% go hungry. Along these lines, control the populace and quit stuffing. All the best on World Population Day.
- Be capable, spare our inclination. Control populace development and guarantee a sound planet. Observe World Population Day and bring issues to light.
- An excessive number of people are a hazard to mankind. Spare our planet and guarantee mankind by moving in the direction of controlling the populace on World Population Day.
Come, let’s make an attempt and join our hands spreading the importance of this auspicious day. All should make popular it & let them know about this serious matter so that they voluntarily come forward to accept it. Let’s take a resolution to check the growth of population and find a better solution to maintain the equilibrium of the world.
Wish you all a very happy world population day 2020.