Friends, it is true that we can not stop the time, but we can save the moments spent in that time through photos.
Often you have also heard that the photos speak. It tells the story of many memories even by remaining silent.
Today everyone loves to click pictures. It is estimated that approximately 1.9 billion photos are shared every day on social media. Friends, today photography has become very big business.
Thousands, millions of photographers capture the beauty of the world in their cameras and showcase their art.
It is observed on 19th August 2020 to pay homage to the beautiful form of art.
The day aims to inspire photographers & across the planet to share their photos with the world.
The aim of the day is to encourage those who want to pursue photography as a hobby or career.
World photography day is connected with the history of the development of photo art and the evolution of photo equipment.
History: World Photography Day
It is an official holiday for all the picture lovers. The 1st durable colour photographs were taken by Thomas Sutton in 1861.
It is believed that photography began 183 years ago in 1837.
World photography day is celebrated on 19th August every year unofficially in commemoration of Daguerreotype (an early process of photography) invented by Frenchman Louis Daguerre and Joseph Nicephore Niepce in 1837.
The French Academy of science revealed this on 9th January 1839, and the French government declared this invention on 19th August 1939 as a gift to the world.
By this means 19th August is the date of celebration of world photography day worldwide.
Photography is an art of capturing light on a photosensitive surface that is on photographic film to create an image with the help of a camera.
Simply it can be said that ‘Taking of a Photo’. From its origination, it has shown its progression with more creativities and technologies.
Quality of pictures has developed significantly. Photography has been inspiring many peoples to show their talents, skills, through photography. There are many types of photography that are available, that is
|Event Photography||Portrait Photography|
|Landscape Photography||Wildlife Photography|
|Evidence Photography||Journalism Photography|
|Travel Photography||Fashion Photography|
|Architectural Photography||Aerial Photography|
Nowadays photography has become a hobby for many people.
Through photographs they show their love and interest towards photography and share it on social media; Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter etc. which is providing a big platform to peoples to show their talents.
Some photography lovers are choosing it as their career and popularising it with update innovation. Some types of camera which are the important device of photography are,
Types of Camera
- Traditional Film Cameras
- Mirrorless Cameras
- Adventure Cameras
- 360 Cameras
- Compact Cameras
- Medium Format Cameras
- Traditional Film Cameras
- DSLR Cameras etc.
Photography in our life
It helps us to preserve all of our sweet memories. We all have photographs in our home and each photograph tells a story behind it. Photography helps in different purpose also; such as
1. Journalists collect photographs for broadcasting purposes.
2. Photographs are necessary for making posters, to advertise and are vastly utilizing in every film industry, photo studios and fashion shows etc.
3. We can able to see the world and its beauty through photographs.
4. Photography helps in the government and NGOs paper works, fulfilling the requirements of desired photographs as a piece of evidence.
5. Photographers & cameramen earn money through photography.
6. Social media is full of photographs which provide us with information, knowledge about something and make the writings very attractive. People upload their photos on social sites and share all of their activities to others, wherever they may be.
7. Photography has its important place in every field as it is known before i.e. type of photography e.g. sports photography, architectural photography, wildlife photography, travel photography etc.
8. It also helps in the investigation and finding criminals through sketches and photographs. Due to this it is very easy to find a particular criminal easily & efficiently and helps to solve the case.
Extra Information: World Photography Day
It is necessary for every field nowadays photography is a subject of study which has different types as per our needs.
Today in so many institutions or through internet people are providing training to popularize which is helping to understand the significance of photography in every aspect.
We all should be very thankful & remind about the inventors of photography and all of them who had an important role in the introduction of innovation to it.
Every one of us loves photography but it is also important for us to know about the origin of photography which is helping us to be pleasure in our life.
There are few names of popular photographers who made their contribution historic are,
- Louis Daguerre & Joseph Nicephore Niepce (inventors of daguerreotype)
- Henri Cartier Bresson (known as the father of photojournalism)
- Ansel Adams (who famous for the landscape photography)
- Dorothea Lange (a female photographer who is famous for her documentary-style photographs)
- Alfred Stieglitz (famous for his portrait photography)
Quotes: World Photography Day
1. “We are making photographs to understand what our lives mean to us.” – Ralph Hattersley
2. “Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever… It remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.” – Aaron Siskind
3. “Photography for me is not looking, it’s feeling. If you can’t feel what you’re looking at, then you’re never going to get others to feel anything when they look at your pictures.” – Don McCullin
4. “It’s one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it’s another thing to make a portrait of who they are.” – Paul Caponigro
5. “The best thing about a picture is that it never changes, even when the people in it do.” – Andy Warhol
6. “In photography, there is a reality so subtle that it becomes more real than reality.” – Alfred Stieglitz
7. “There is one thing the photograph must contain, the humanity of the moment.” – Robert Frank
8. “A thing that you see in my pictures is that I was not afraid to fall in love with these people.” – Annie Leibovitz
9. “When I say I want to photograph someone, what it really means is that I’d like to know them. Anyone, I know I photograph.” – Annie Leibovitz
10. “The camera is an excuse to be someplace you otherwise don’t belong. It gives me both a point of connection and a point of separation.” – Susan Meiselas
How to Celebrate this Day
As we all are fond of photography, so celebrate this day by posting photos of yours mentioning this auspicious day with #PhotographyDay and let others know the importance of this day.
Celebrate this 2020 World Photography Day gaining some knowledge about it through social media; watching videos, reading articles like this, reading books etc. which is a very nice gift to us.
We can’t organize events, programs to celebrate this day due to this COVID-19 pandemic situation.
So, it is our responsibility to make is a safe celebration through social media only. Motivate your next generations through your work & did.
Wish you all a very Happy World Photography Day 2020.
Show your photography skills and share it with #WorldPhotographyDay on your social media. If you want to view/read more like this, just click here.