Hiroshima is a city of Japan. Hiroshima day is celebrated on 6th August every year.
This day is established by the Gateway alliance against War to oppose war and aware people about the threats of dangerous nuclear weapons.
They promote the peaceful bonding of the nations without any harmful situation.
History: Hiroshima day
During second world war (1939-1945) on 6th August 1945, United States dropped atomic bomb B-29 Bomber of Enola Gay code-named “Little Boy” on Hiroshima city of Japan.
The president of US Harry S Truman bombed there to surrender Japanese soldiers and save lives.
He thought that with seeing destruction they would surrender, but actually it did not happen.
The United States wanted to avoid the invasion of Japan through the land. Also, some historians stated that the US also wanted to avoid Japan being occupied by the Soviet Union. So, America dropped a nuclear bomb in Hiroshima, Japan.
After that, another atomic bomb exploded by the US in Nagasaki city on 9th August whose code name was “Fat Boy”.
The japan emperor ‘Hirohito’ declared surrender and ultimately results at the end of world war II (WW2).
Here is the Timeline of the Hiroshima Bomb attack!
Impact of ‘Little Boy’ on Hiroshima
Hiroshima was one of the prosperous cities of Japan. It comes in contact with ‘Little Boy’ atom bomb in 1945 6th August, it razed to the ground.
Almost all the city was destroyed. There were many buildings, about 75% of the buildings were damaged. It is noticed that about 80,000 people are injured and 35,000 people died.
Death of peoples by atom bomb is famously known as the ‘Mushroom of Death’ because of the smoke of blast resembles like a mushroom.
Agriculture and food resources were damaged due to this attack. Animals and birds living there get affected and died.
This developed city within a second comprises lots of destruction. Radiation of the exploit initiates many harmful diseases.
It polluted the air of the environment. Till now, the peoples are affected by radiation sickness and high burns.
Mothers are bearing abnormal babies due to radiation. The bad impact of ‘Little Boy’ not cured till now in the city.
Nowadays the countries like the United Kingdoms, China, France, the United States, Russia etc. possess bombs thousand times more powerful than these ‘Little Boy’ and ‘Fat Boy’.
So, we can imagine how it may create a dangerous situation. Atomic energy is not for the production of deadly weapons like atom bombs which results in only the destruction of mankind.
Atomic energy in the help of Mankind
- Atomic energy is the source of nuclear power, which uses sustained nuclear fission to generate heat and electricity
- Bringing warmth to the cold region to live people happily.
- Finding out the causes of different deadly diseases and cure them with every success.
- Manufacturing things in large quantity to run factories.
- Producing energy parallel to fossil energy with stepping atomic reactors.
- In a nuclear power plant, this heat is used to boil water in order to produce steam that can be used to drive large turbines. This, in turn, activates generators to produce electrical power. Atomic energy is more correctly called nuclear energy.
After the second world war, the whole world saw the destructive power of atomic energy.
World war taught lesson and reason for forming the worldwide organization ‘United Nations’ in 1945 to stop the further destructive war.
United Nations promote peaceful and friendly relations between the nations.
Quotes: Hiroshima day 2020
1. “Dropping those atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki was a war crime.” – George Wald
2. “I did not want to be labelled ‘the designer who survived the atomic bomb,’ and therefore I have always avoided questions about Hiroshima.” – Issey Miyake
3. “We are still living in the aftershock of Hiroshima, people are still the scars of history.” – Edward Bond
4. “Every positive value has its price in negative terms… the genius of Einstein leads to Hiroshima.” – Pablo Picasso
5. “Since Auschwitz, we know what man is capable of. And since Hiroshima, we know what is at stake.” – Viktor E. Frankl
6. “To me, nuclear weapons are the secret crisis of our time. Frankly, everyone needs to reread John Hersey’s Hiroshima.” – Erik Larson
7. “Ever since Hiroshima, we’ve been faced with the depressing fact that you cannot un-invent something.”- Lionel Shriver
8. “Hiroshima and Nagasaki were atomized at a time when the Japanese were suing desperately for peace.” – newsonline.media
9. “We are still living in the aftershock of Hiroshima; people are still in the scars of history.” – newsonline.media
10. “Nuclear weapons offer us nothing but only a balance of terror, and balance of terror is still terror.” – newsonline.media
11. “If I had foreseen nuclear bombing on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, I would’ve torn up my formula in 1905.” – Einstein
12. “Hiroshima and Nagasaki were atomized at a time when the Japanese were suing desperately for peace.” – David Dellinger
Summary: Hiroshima Day 2020
In the current situation the war should not be among us it should be between us and national calamities like COVID-19.
We should take lessons from the past. Significance of celebrating Hiroshima day is joining the organizations like Gateway Alliance Against War, whose aim is to make peaceful earth and use the gift of science in peaceful purposes.
If mankind is to survive in spite of the scientific ideas, it has to live with a sense of morality & fear of the almighty.
Forgetting past and thinking of humanity all the nations/leaders of nations should build up a faithful relationship with each other.
It must stop experimenting with bombs or making new weapons to destroy humanity. The idea that does not help man to lead a better life, must be discarded.
Hope you all get the complete information about this day. If you like this article then do a thumbs up and share with your friends, and also spread awareness among people about the importance of this day.
very nice informatics
Thank you for this blog