All over the world the ‘International Youth Day’ is celebrated on 12th August every year.
The United Nations General Assembly declared in its resolution 54/120, that 12th August be celebrated as International Youth Day.
Internationally on 17th December 1999 which was recommended by a world conference of Ministers Responsible for youth held in Lisbon in the year 1998 from 8-12 august.
History & Significance of Youth day
First international youth day was observed on 12th August 2000. Observation of this day aims to raise awareness among youth and to put all of their activities for developmental purposes of societies or nations.
The Theme of International Youth Day 2020 is “Youth Engagement for Global Action.”
The UNESCO’s (United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural organization) youth program works to make an enabling environment with its operational strategy on youth 2014 – 2021in which this goal can be achieved by bringing an action.
Many schemes are put forward by government organizations and NGOs for the developments of employment of youth.
Deen Dayal Upadhya’s “Grammen Kushal Yojana” and “Skill India”, are the youth employment scheme of the Indian government.
Unemployment of youth raises up during this COVID-19 pandemic. This unemployment problem has its effects on youth mass, that they get desperate because of unemployment.
They lose their balance of mind and even good sense. They get indulged in destructive activities. Thus, they become a nuisance in the society.
So, the government should prepare their plans to give scope for more employment of youth for this lockdown situation.
Slogan: International Youth Day 2020
India celebrates National Youth Day on 1st January to memorize Swami Vivekanand, the great son of mother earth and whose speech awakes all youth. The other name of Vivekanand is Swamiji. His slogan to the youth is –
“Arise, aware, wakeup yourself and awaken other. Achieve the consummation of life before you pass off. Arise awake and stop not till the goal is reached.”
Swamiji was a great inspiration to youth during his lifetime. We all should recall his glorious achievements and install vigor, stamina and courage to face any kind of obstacle in life.
Youth & Mental Health
We found youths everywhere who are the important and responsibility for proceeding of nations significantly.
Majority of youngsters are unemployed. It seeks youth and implements them according to their capabilities to enhance global activities in every aspect. Youth should think about themselves. That is,
- How important I am! For my family, society and for the nation.
- Let no one despises my youth.
- Have I any goal in life.
- What I am chasing for?
- Is what I am doing good for me or for my surrounding
- What should I do to be an example?
Celebration: International Youth Day 2020
Due to this worldwide lock-down, it is impossible to organize events, programs etc. So, we should stay at home and stay safe without causing harm to anyone.
Through social media, we can celebrate this day and join our helping hands toward the progressing of the world.
Read articles, watch online videos, regarding youth day and get knowledge about youth and the importance of this day.
With gaining knowledge be aware & make aware to your society against the youth problems to provide a better environment for bringing up for youths.
We should love and respect the international youth day of youth which encourages creative thinking for a better environment and future.
Causes of the distraction of Youth
The distraction of youth results in the distraction of our society, the nation as well as the whole world.
So, each and every one of us should provide a suitable environment for the children as they are the future youth of the new generation world.
They should be brought up and educated from the early years of their life, in such a way that they are able to manage the stress of life. The causes are as follows,
- Poverty is the main cause that can not fulfil the needs of youth to live life happily. So they take forcefully illegal steps to get necessary needs and get distracted.
- Lack of knowledge they provided in their environment and family.
- Dragging in the wrong way by the elders of the society, where they attracted towards drugs, alcohol or smoking for fun or for adventure or to appear smart and bold or to impress their friends.
- Misguidance or ignorance of family members during his/her childhood period.
- Problems of stress and lack of mental health care.
They should be taught that they can not get everything in life whatever they want.
Ethical and moral values should be developed in children; thus, they will be able to face the disappointments and failures of life in a better way.
Involvement of sports and yoga help in relieving of stress and make them energetic and cheerful during the entire day.
Quotes: International Youth Day
1. “The beauty of collaboration between older and younger generations is that we combine strength with wisdom- a sure-fire way to accomplish more for the glory of God.” – Brett Harris
2. “Dear young people, do not be afraid of making decisive choices in life. Have faith; the Lord will not abandon you!” – Pope Francis
3. “Youth is in a grand flush, like the hot days of ending summer; and pleasant dreams thrall your spirit, like the smoky atmosphere that bathes the landscape of an August day.” – Donald G Mitchell
4. “The foundation of every state is the education of its youth.” – Diogenes
5. “A man loves the meat in his youth that he cannot endure in his age.” – William Shakespeare
6. “Each day is a little life: every waking and rising a little birth, every fresh morning a little youth, every going to rest and sleep a little death.” – Arthur Schopenhauer
Summary: International Youth Day 2020
Youth should change their attitude towards jobs and think of independent and self-reliance.
The government should try to solve the problems of youth with all possible measures. So, the foundation should be strong to make a better youth.
Wishing you all a very happy International Youth Day 2020 and stay connected with the international day like this, which yield a worldwide impact for better performance of the future.
As a youth utilize all of your power and dedicate your life towards nation-building.
If you want to read more about this awareness day, then just click here. Thank you if have read till this point.